The AUTOPOL VI Automatic Polarimeter was developed for the most demanding analytical laboratories. If your laboratory requires the highest accuracy and must meet the most stringent compliance standards, the Autopol VI has the measurement, temperature control, communications, and data tracking capabilities your application requires.
Standard Features and Accessories
- 0.0003 accuracy for low rotation samples of ±1° Arc
- TempTrol™ — Electronic cooling & heating from 15°–40°C
- Six Standard Wavelengths: 365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm, 633nm
- 21CFR Part 11 Compliance: Electronic Signature and secure local electronic data storage
- 3-year domestic warranty and 20-year support guarantee
- Standard Accessories: TempTrol™, NIST Traceable Quartz Standard, TempTrol™ 100mm Polarimeter Cell, TempTrol™ Temperature Validation Cell, Built-In Sample Measurement Probe, and 3 USB Ports.
Versatile Communication Capability
The AUTOPOL VI polarimeter’s standard communication package includes:
- Ethernet port for Network Cable Connection
- 3 USB ports
- 2 RS 232 ports
Allowing the capability to:
- Connect directly to Rudolph’s service department for remote testing and diagnostics via Internet connection.
- Connect to any Windows® based printer via USB or direct to the server via Windows® Print Library
- Save measurement data direct to your Network/Server
Automatic, Electronic Polarimeter Temperature Control System using TempTrol
The USP <781> require optical rotation measurements at 25°C ± .5°C (unless another temperature is specified). The European Pharmacopoeia requires optical rotation measurements made at 25°C ± 5°C (unless another temperature is specified).
Whatever your temperature control needs are, the AUTOPOL VI’s exclusive TempTrol™ System (Patent No. 2778542) makes your measurement in seconds without a waterbath or any type of water circulation.
The TempTrol™ System allows push-button temperature control of your 100mm cell, 200mm cell, or Quartz Plate. Set the temperature, push “measure” and walk away. The AUTOPOL VI will heat or cool to a predefined temperature and then provide you with the result all in one easy step.
Measurement reports can be saved as an Excel or PDF file and edited quickly and easily. You can import logos and print your company’s customized “C of A” directly directly from the Autopol VI Polarimeter.
Validation and Calibration
Rudolph Research Analytical knows that you must be able to validate your polarimeter’s operating performance regularly. Therefore, the AUTOPOL VI comes standard with the accessories, validation tool and automatic calibration functions necessary to ensure that the temperature control, temperature measurement and optical measurement processes are working accurately and reproducibly. All functions are assessed simply and conveniently through the AUTOPOL VI liquid sealed touch screen.
For Racemic Solutions and very low concentration samples, the AUTOPOL VI provides unmatched 4th decimal Optical Rotation accuracy of ±0.0003°Arc over ±1°Arc. Instrument performance for readings between -1 and 1° Arc is: Resolution ±0.0001, Reproducibility ± 0.0002, and Accuracy ±0.0003.
Intuitive Windows® 7 Embedded Interface
- 8 gigabytes of internal memory allow almost unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. The AUTOPOL VI is network ready and data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory desired.
- Internet access is possible directly from the AUTOPOL VI’s touch screen. This feature allows real time contact with Rudolph Research Analytical’s Service and Technical Support Team who can access your instrument remotely to assist in Window navigation, method setup and troubleshooting.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the AUTOPOL VI’s internal memory.
- Three USB ports allow quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick. One USB port is located on the front of the unit and two USB ports are located on the back of the unit.
Flexible Method Management
Install your own measurement methods for immediate selection of the correct method to match your most common tests. Setting up your own custom methods is as simple as filling out a few screens like the one shown to the right.
Full 21CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
The AUTOPOL VI’s 21CFR Part 11 software module is easily enabled through the user friendly touch screen. This module gives you full compliance with:
- Electronic signature
- Access levels
- Internal write protected storage
- Unique passwords
- Write protected documents sent directly to server
- Audit trail
The AUTOPOL VI polarimeter comes standard with Rudolph’s Hastelloy upgrade option. This option includes a Hastelloy cell and Silco Steel™ cell chamber for increased resistance to acids like 6 Molar HCl.
Rudolph Research Analytical — still protecting your investment after 30 years
Today our Service Technicians have access to state of the art diagnostic tools and have a depth of knowledge that often lets them solve problems right over the phone. Our customers really appreciate the same day phone call by a real technical service person who wants to solve their problem. Our customers know that they can expect this support for many years to come as Rudolph is still repairing instruments which were built in the 70’s.
|Measuring Mode||Optical Rotation
Specific Rotation Plus Concentration
User Defined Scale
|Measuring Scale||Degrees Arc, % Concentration|
|Measuring Range||± 89° Arc Optical Rotation
± 999.99° Arc Specific Rotation
|Resolution||0.0001° Arc Optical Rotation
0.0001° Specific Rotation
See TB 926
|Prism||Glan Thomson calcite quartz|
|Optical Wavelengths||365nm, 405nm, 436nm, 546nm, 589nm, 633nm
(other wavelengths available)
|Wavelength Selection||Touch Screen Selectable: 6 Standard|
|TempTrol™ Range||Automatic Electronic Heating & Cooling 15°-40°C|
|TempTrol™ Accuracy||± 0.2°C|
|Temp. Probe Range||10°-100°C|
|Temp. Probe Accuracy||± 0.1°C|
|Measurement Time||4°/sec slewing rate & 5 sec nominal settling time|
|Light Source||Tungsten-halogen 6V, 20W, avg. 2,000 hr life|
|Sample Chamber||Accepts sample tubes up to 200mm|
|Data Storage||8 GB Non-removable Compact Flash|
|Communication Interface||3 USB Ports, 2 RS232 Ports, Ethernet Port for Network Connection|
|Calibration||Automatic calibration via touch screeen|
|Operating System||Windows 7 Embedded|
|Display||10.4 inch diagonal, 800×600 pixels, color, Flat Panel Monitor with Resistance Touch Screen Interface, 200 nits brightness, gasketted for spill protection|
|Automatic Sensitivity Control||Measures samples with transmittance as low as 0.01% (up to O.D. 4.0)|
|Input Power||85-260 VAC; 48-62 Hz,
150-200 Watts consumption
|Operating Dimensions||32″W x 11.5″H x 19.5″D
813mm W x 292mm H x 457mm D
|Shipping Dimensions||43″W x 28″H x 23″D
1411mm W x 919mm H x 722mm D
|Operating Weight||90 lbs (41 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||140 lbs (64 kg)|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.