Attension Theta High Pressure Chamber is an add-on module for Attension Theta. It enables optimal interfacial tension and contact angle measurements at high pressures and temperatures.
Theta High Pressure Chamber
- Interfacial tension and contact angle measurements in high pressures and temperatures. Automatic analysis by OneAttension software will provide the results easily and quickly.
- Optimal for mimicking oil reservoir conditions. Interfacial tension and contact angle give an accurate and quantitative measure of the wettability in reservoirs.
- Unique piston design enables to use surfactants also in high pressures with constant concentrations.
Attension High Pressure Chamber can be used in a variety of applications. The applications and industries include:
- Enhanced oil recovery (EOR), wettability conditions within oil reservoirs
- Supercritical fluids (SCF), supercritical CO2
- CO2 storages
- Polymer industry
Attension High Pressure Chamber is an advanced add-on module for Attension Theta, enabling to perform interfacial tension and contact angle measurements in high pressures and temperatures.
The chamber includes a unique piston design which is especially useful in any studies including surfactants. Traditionally, the pressure is increased within a chamber by pumping more fluid into it. However, when surfactants are used in the measurement this will lead to a situation where surfactant concentration will also change while changing pressure.
In order to eliminate the issue, in Attension High Pressure Chamber the pressure can also be increased by using a movable piston inside the chamber. The piston will compress the fluid in the chamber without the need to pump in more fluid. Therefore, both surfactant concentration and measurement pressure can be controlled independently.
Attension High Pressure Chamber is operated with modern OneAttension software. OneAttension includes features such as
- Automatic baseline detection and drop shape fitting
- Live analysis of results
- Ready-made experiment recipes for quick and repeatable operations
- Flexible and programmable frame per second rate recorded by the camera
The chamber itself is CE-marked and made from high quality stainless steel. It is easily removable for cleaning purposes.
|Measurement types||Interfacial tension, surface tension, contact angle|
|Possible phases||Gas-liquid, liquid-liquid, liquid-solid|
|Maximum pressure||400 bar|
|Chamber volume||85ml (without piston), 40-62ml (with piston)|
|Pressure control||2 options: Pressure increase by piston or by adding more liquid/gas with pump|
|Dimensions||74 x 25 x 61 cm (L x W x H), Theta + Chamber)|
|Weight||16kg (Theta + Chamber)|
|Power supply||100 – 240 VAC|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.