The Covid-19 infection has infected more than half a million population of the world and it’s still spreading, taking a toll on human lives. Governments across the world have ordered emergency curfews and lockdowns to contain and control the infection. The World Health Organization states that a vaccine for Covid-19 is 8- 12 months away. With humans getting infected rapidly and hospitals overflowing with patients, there is an urgent need to control the spread of the pandemic. WHO finds that the only way to stop the infection and break the chain of the passing virus is through rapid testing. The head of the World Health Organization, TedrosAdhanomGhebreyesus, say, “Test, test, test?” And wouldn’t it make sense to test as many people as possible and only then to decide who should be quarantined instead of locking down an entire country? Why the current restrictions?
Covid-19 virus once enters a human body, takes between 6-14 days to show symptoms of infection. The latest study on patients with Covid-19 has revealed that there are rising cases of asymptomatic infections. This poses a bigger threat in controlling the virus because an infected individual might not know that he is a carrier of infection and has been spreading between his peer and family. This horror has lead to the only solution- rapid testing among people to check for positive and negative cases. The sooner it knows if someone is positive or negative, more infection control and outbreak control can put into place.
Laboratory testing for Covid-19 is done by the method that detects the presence of the virus and those that detect antibodies produced in response to infection. Limited testing by countries and the prevalence of the virus in the population made a huge exploding spread of infection. There are two ways to test infection with SARS-CoV2. The first test looks for RNA of the virus using a technique called RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction). This can detect as little as one virus particle in swabs taken from inside the mouth or nose. The second type of test measures the antibody responses to the virus in blood serum. The test is very simple: coat a test with a virus mash with a tiny amount of vert diluted blood sample from the patient. This makes antibodies to bind with the test tube. The test is developed to see if any antibodies are present.
PCRmax covid-19 early detection kit
The recent emergence of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) has led to a need for rapid and reliable detection. PCRmax offers solutions to support researchers and clinicians studying this novel coronavirus, such as viral RNA purification kits, NGS kits, and RT-qPCR kits that can be used with established primers for sensitive detection of COVID-19.
The PCRmax COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit is a qualitative lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the detection of IgM and IgG antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in human whole blood, serum or plasma samples. It is intended for use as a tool to assist in the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infections. It is also intended as a tool for carrying out serological epidemiological investigations.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) is a research tool for molecular biology labs. They are commonly associated with traditional methods to amplify DNA or RNA fragments or detect nucleic acid sequences in a sample. qPCR is used to measure PCR products providing great information about a sample in a short amount of time. It detects and qualifies pathogens in a comparatively faster way than other classical methods. The PCRmax COVID-19 early detection kit has a positive standard curve and an internal extraction control to eliminate the possibility of false negatives.
Advantages of PCRmax detection kit.
- This kit is stable at room temperature but should be stored at -20ºC on arrival. Once the lyophilized components have been suspended they should not be exposed to temperatures above -20ºC for longer than 30 minutes and unnecessary repeated freeze/thawing should be avoided. The kit is stable for six months from the date of resuspension under these circumstances. If a standard curve dilution series is prepared this can be stored frozen for an extended period. If you see any degradation in this serial dilution a fresh standard curve can be prepared from the positive control.
- All kinds of sample material suited for PCR amplification can be used. Please ensure the samples are suitable in terms of purity, concentration, and RNA/DNA integrity (An internal PCR control is supplied to test for non-specific PCR inhibitors). Always run at least one negative control with the samples. To prepare a negative-control, replace the template RNA sample with RNase/DNase free water.
- The dynamic range of test Under optimal PCR conditions PCRmaxFCoV detection kits have very high priming efficiencies of >95% and can detect less than 100 copies of target template.
Why PCRmax for early detection of COVID-19
1) Rapid detection of covid-19
2) Easy to use for all experience levels : Not for personal use, only for lab professionals
3) MIQE compliant.
4) Suitable for both single labs and core facilities
5) High uniformity provides high-quality data.
6) Fast cycling enables several experiments per day, all at an economical price.
7) Fastest block-based real-time PCR system with the ability to run 40 cycles in 20 minutes (or less when optimized).
8) Calibrated for SYBR, FAMTM, HEXTM, VICTM, ROXTM and Cy5 fluorescent dyes.
9) Easy to use the software, streamlined for novices and experts
10) No need to run triplicates, to compensate for poor thermal uniformity of block.
11) To be paired with PCRmax Eco thermal cycler to yield best results