Alcohol Proof Testing – Density Meters for the Alcoholic Beverage Industry
- The US Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) requires 0.02% Ethanol accuracy for testing of % Ethanol in wine, beer, and spirits for the purposes of taxation and labeling.
- The DDM 2911 PLUS offers 0.01% accuracy for Ethanol testing.
- Measure both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages with easy bubble detection using VideoView™
- Direct and accurate means of °Brix determination, °Plato, °Balling, Proof, % Solids
DENSITY METERS FOR THE PETROLEUM INDUSTRY
- Measure API, Density and Specific Gravity values in accordance with
ASTM D1250, ASTM D4052, ASTM, D4806, ASTM D5002, ASTM D5931,
ISO 12185, and DIN 51757
- QC incoming raw materials
- Research new products and additives
- Withstands harsh and heavy use environments
- Calibrate using petroleum standards
DENSITY METERS FOR THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY
- Measure in units of Kg/m3, g/cm3, g/mL, pounds/gallon, specific gravity, Baumé and more
- Determine concentration in: %, molarity, normality, mole fraction, ppm, and more
- Check batch consistency and ensure proper blending ratios
- Wetted materials compatible with the most aggressive chemicals.
DENSITY METERS FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
- Capable of 2, 3, 4 or more multiple measurements with standard deviation, mean, min and max reading for true cGLP/GMP compliance
- Complete IQ/OQ/PQ documentation
- Checking of raw materials and product release
- 21CFR Part 11 Compliance; Electronic Signature and Secure Data Storage
- Compliant with USP 29 , JP, BP and EP
Rudolph Density Meters offer VideoView™ Bubble Detection
VideoView provides superior high resolution visual bubble detection within your sample with live on-screen video viewing. Simultaneous images of both a 2X magnification view of the entire U-tube and a 10X magnification, with a scanning video is possible. The 10X magnification is also extremely helpful in detecting the cleanliness of the glass U-tube. Both images may be saved with sample results and may be viewed and or printed as desired.
A full view of the entire U-tube is possible without any obstruction. Automatic Scanning of U-tube under the 10X magnification of the entire U-tube and manual control is possible to view any position of the U-tube for bubble detection. The clarity, magnification and resolution is the very best available. Rudolph’s exclusive VideoView is protected under Patent #7,437,909.
- Simultaneous views of a 2X magnification with a second 10X image of the U-tube is possible.
- The entire view of the U-tube is available for both images.
- Both images are saved and can be viewed, exported and/or printed with measurement results.
- Automatic Bubble detection is available which will flag the sample(s) with suspected bubble.
Computer Windows 7 Embedded Based Flexibility
- 32 gigabytes of internal memory allow almost unlimited capacity for saving measurement data. The DDM 2911 PLUS is network ready and data may also be saved directly to your server or to any directory desired.
- Internet access is possible directly from the DDM 2911 PLUS touch screen. The Disk Protection feature protects the operating system against malware infections in networked environments.
- Windows based navigation architecture is so intuitive that most operators will never read the manual. But should you wish to reference the manual, it is stored right on the DDM 2911 PLUS internal memory.
- Copy methods, transfer concentration tables, download data, etc., via the USB ports on the front of unit.
- Five USB ports allow for quick and easy connection to a mouse, keyboard, printer, bar code scanner, or memory stick.
- Embedded Windows 7 prevents any and all viruses and malware.
The Rudolph 2911 PLUS Density Meter offers 21CFR Part 11 Instrument Level Compliance
The DDM 2911 PLUS’s 21CFR Part 11 software module is easily enabled through the user friendly touch screen. This module gives you full compliance with:
- Electronic Signature
- Access Levels
- Internal write protected storage
- Unique passwords
- Write protected documents sent directly to server
Oscillating U-Tube with Viscosity Correction and Reference Oscillator
(patent # 7,735,353)
The DDM 2911 PLUS oscillating U-tube with full range viscosity correction and reference oscillator allows long term calibration stability
and measurement at all temperatures with a single calibration.
- Calibrate the DDM 2911 PLUS with 2 or 3 NIST Traceable Standards – calibrating with merely air and water appears inconsistent with cGMP/GLP compliance regulations.
- Can print out complete method configuration, communication settings, as well as calibration verification and calibration adjustment data/history.
- Measured values can be shown continuously as temperature stability is being reached or, at the discretion of the user, measured values will only be displayed once the final answer is reached and completely stable.
- Unlimited number of customized calibration adjustments and calibration verifications possible.
- Complete History of Calibration Adjustments and Verifications are available to View, Print, and/or Export.
- Possible to set calendar reminders as to when Calibrations are due.
Versatile Communication Capability
The DDM 2911 PLUS’s standard communication package includes:
- Ethernet Port for Network Cable Connection
- 5 USB ports
- 2 RS 232 Ports
- Internet Accessible for Firm-Ware updates and remote trouble shooting.
Allowing capability to:
- Export measurement results to a thumb drive, store it locally on the C:\ drive, or easily send data to any external PC, LIMS, SAP, etc.
- Print measurement results to a local or networked printer. Most all printers are supported by Windows 7® but if required the driver may be added.
- Save measurement data direct to your Network/Server
Sample measurement reports are edited quickly and easily. Just import your logo to the DDM 2011 PLUS Density Meter and print your company’s customized “C of A” directly.
NIST Traceable Calibration Standards
Rudolph knows how important it is to calibrate with Traceable Standards and therefore, we include either a NIST or UKAS standard in the accessories provided with all of our density meters. The DDM 2911 PLUS standard accessories include:
- Quick Start Guide
- Rinse/Sample Waste Container
- Filling Nozzles
- Traceable Standards
- IQOQPQ Documentation
- Luer Syringes
- Connecting Fittings & Tubing
Laboratory Automation with Rudolph Automation Systems
The Rudolph DDM 2911 PLUS Density Meter can be combined with various automation products to speed your sample measurements.
The DDM 2911 PLUS with Rudolph’s AutoFlex R837 Automatic Sampler
The Rudolph Research R837 AutoFlex is a perfect instrument combination for labs where a high
volume of daily samples are required.
|DDM 2911 PLUS Density Meter Specifications
||Density: 0 to 3 g/cm³
Temperature: 0°C to 95°C (controlled via Peltier)
Pressure: 0 to 10 bars
||Continuous, Single, Multiple
||Mechanical Oscillator Method
||Density: 0.00001 g/cm³
||Density: 0.000005 g/cm³
Temperature Selectable to: 0.001°C
||Density: 0.000001 g/cm³
Temperature Selectable to: 0.001°C
|Minimum Sample Volume
||1 ml, approximately
||Borosilicate glass, Teflon (PTFE, ECTFE)
||Embedded Windows 7; embedded software safe from malware and viruse
||10.4 inch diagonal TFT type LCD with wide viewing angle, anti-glare flat panel touch screen, 300 nits brightness, 800 x 600 pixels, chemical and scratch resistant monitor, the industry’s largest and most flexible interface
||Touch Screen User Interface
5 – USB Ports
2 – RS232 Ports
Ethernet Port for Network Connection, Keyboard, Bar Code Scanner, Mouse, Network Capabilities
|Video Scanning & Magnification
||Video assisted view of entire cell, capable of approximately 10X magnification with scanning camera
||32GB Non-removable Compact Flash
||11.80″ (W) 13.90″ (H) 18.36″ (D)
29.97 cm (W) 35.30 cm (H) 46.61 cm (D)
||24.5″ (L) x 17.5″ (W) x 22″ (H) 62cm (L) x 44cm (W) x 56cm (H)
||50 lbs. (23 kg)
||85 to 260 VAC; 48 to 62 Hz
||140 Watts at peak
||30 – 60 seconds
|Origin of Manufacture and Design