Precise control of heat sealing process variables (temperature, pressure, and dwell time), enables an optimal balance of material specification, packaging machine speed and seal integrity. Accuracy and repeatability in laboratory heat seal testing is vital, and the HSE-3 Gradient provides precision digital controls for this purpose. Fitted with either 3 or 5 sets of sealing bars with individual temperature controls to create a temperature gradient across the film. Produces up to 5 independently temperature controlled seals 5 – 25 mm wide and up to 50 mm long.
RDM HSE-3 Gradient Heat Sealer
- Complies with ASTM D-3985, F-1927 and F-1307
- Choose heat sealing bar configuration, either single (upper) or dual (upper & lower, meets ASTM F2029)
- User can easily change sealing bar for various surface areas or surface f inishes
- Accurate and repeatable seals due to precision ground sealing faces and jaw guidance system
- Versatile applications for flexible materials, blister packs and pots
- Low Maintenance – 12 months between calibrations
- Precise pressure calibration of standard surface area jaw face
- Temperature, pressure and dwell time digital controllers
- Jaws constructed in aluminum and silicon with precision ground faces
- Range of jaw face surfaces including Matched Crimp and Teflon Coating
- Auto cycle feature for greater user convenience with multiple samples
- Temperature Control:
- 0 – 300C (0 – 572F) 0.1C resolution
- ±0.5% ±1 digit accuracy.
- Operating temperature accuracy ±2C.
- Resistance Type ‘J’ thermo-couple sensing.
- Single independent or dual independent control
- 0 – 100 psi (0 – 6.8 bar, 0 – 689 Kpa) via digital display and transducer.
- Pressure control through precision regulator.
- Repeatability ±0.02 psi Operation accuracy ±5% Supply via factory compressed air line or nitrogen or compressed air bottles min 6 bar (90 psi) max. 7 bar (100 psi).
- Pressure medium must be clean and dry.
- Dwell Time:
- 0.01 – 99.9 sec. 0.01 sec. resolution real time base via quartz crystal ±0.01% of range.
- Operating accuracy ±5% taking into account friction in piston movement).
- Delay Time:
- 0.1 – 99.9 sec. 0.1 sec resolution real time base via quartz crystal, ±0.01% of range.
- Assists with the correct alignment of the pouch/bag/sample.
- Footswitch: Connection port for footswitch operation. Optional footswitch.
- Sealing Jaw Std:
- Single jaw option: Top heated with silicone rubber (60 shore hardness) 5 mm – 15 mm wide x 30 mm long. Jaws made from aluminum with machine ground flat face.
- Dual jaw option: Top and lower heated 5 mm – 15 mm wide x 30 mm long. Jaws made from aluminum with machine ground flat face.
- Environment: 5 – 50C ambient operation temperature, RH 75% max (non-condensing)
- Power: 240V AC 50/60 Hz (110V AC voltage available upon request)
- PVC Dust Cover
- Crimp Profiled slide on jaws 120 deg x 1.8 mm pitch
- Cold seal option (temperature circuit removed) supplied with flat or crimp profiled jaws
- Teflon coated tape or permanent Teflon coating
- Digital thermometer and s/s band probe to check the actual temperatures of sealing jaw
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.